A Clean Energy Track Record
Research and Development:
- Lead sponsor of the Better Energy Storage Act (S.1602) – accelerate the commercialization of energy storage technologies needed to decarbonize the grid.
- Lead Republican sponsor of the Wind Energy Research and Development Act (S.2660) – focused on catalyzing innovation that reduces the cost of wind energy and expands its production footprint.
- One of three Republicans to join Senator Whitehouse’s Clean Industrial Technology Act (S.2300) – focused on the research and development of clean industrial technologies and industrial decarbonization.
- Republican cosponsor of legislation to phase down hydroflurocarbons (HFCs), greenhouse gases, their impact on global warming can be hundreds to thousands of times greater than that of carbon dioxide per unit of mass. – S. 2754, the American Innovation and Manufacturing Act of 2019.
- Lead Republican on Senator Heinrich’s American Energy Opportunity Act (S.2447) that streamline permitting for distributed renewable energy, energy storage, and electric vehicle charging systems, and for other purposes.
- Lead Republican on legislation to establish tax incentives for offshore wind production – Incentivizing Offshore Wind Power Act (S.1988).
- Cosponsor of legislation to expand the clean energy investment tax credit to energy storage technologies – Energy Storage Tax Incentive and Deployment Act of 2019 (S.1142)
- Lead Republican alongside Senator Lamar Alexander on legislation to expand the electric vehicle tax credit – S.1094 – Driving America Forward Act